This app can be downloaded by visiting m.google.com/mail from your cellphone browser. There is also another way how you can read your GMail contents using IMAP or POP. You would need to enable IMAP or POP for your mails by changing your mail settings in GMail.
I have used both POP and the GMail mobile app and found that the GMail mobile app is much *quicker*.
To enable POP in Gmail:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click Settings at the top of any Gmail page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
- Choose the action you’d like your Gmail messages to take after they are accessed with POP.
- Configure your POP client* and click Save Changes.
*To learn about configuring POP access, visit the POP client configuration list.